When creating a guide you have many options for incorporating content:
- Text (most common)
- Attach File
- Upload Video
- Record Video
- Record with Zoom
- Portals Page
Using the Text object gives you the versatility to bold, italicize, and underline your text. Additionally, you have the ability to add links, images, and videos. These are just a few options you have available in the Text toolbar. One of our favorites is the ability to add images and resize them!
Learn more about one of our favorite Text features, Version History.
Attach any type of file for Learners to review or download for future reference. When you attach files, Learners can preview and refer back to them as they work their way through their assigned guide.
Upload any type and size of video that you want to display in your content! The following are some features of the video uploader:
- You have the option to make sure that a Learner must watch the full video before moving forward
- By default, the Learner will also be able to download the video to save it for later or add it to their files. Note: You can hide this feature using the check mark next to "Hide download link"
When you click on Record Video the video screen will appear in the same browser.
- This means you don't have to leave the current page to record a video for your Learners
- You'll also have the option to download this video for later if you choose to include it in other guides
Note: With the Record Video object you are unable to share your screen with Learners, but don't worry, we have that covered too. Read on!
Record with Zoom
Do you have Zoom installed on your computer? Great! Some things to note when using the "Record with Zoom" feature:
- When you click "Start Zoom Recording Now" the Zoom application will launch automatically
- Pause your recording at any time, and share your screen with the Learner to give them a better idea of what you are referencing
- Once you are done recording, your video will directly save into your Zoom content object
- If you think you messed up, don't worry! Give it another shot! You have the option to re-record after the video has been uploaded to the system.
Note: If you do not have Zoom installed on your computer currently, then simply click here to download.
Does your team have a library of recorded calls or even a voice-over for a powerpoint deck? This is a great feature to have users listen to if you don't have video content.
The Image object is very simple and easy to use. This object allows you to insert images, upload videos, GIFs, etc. You can have a lot of fun with this and make your content more entertaining for Learners.
Click here to learn more about adding images to your guide!
The Embed Object is an amazing tool that gives your content flexibility to bring other web pages directly into your training.
It works exactly like the browser you're in right now, so documents/videos from Google Drive, LinkedIn Learning, Box or password protected sites can also be embedded in training to take users to the direct page. This even works with Youtube Videos!
Note: If the URL does not allow embedding (x-frame-options), then you will receive the following message:
You now have the ability to upload any public Portal Page to a Guide. Simply, click Select a Page, find the correct Portal and hit Select!
Note: To learn more about Portals click here.
Yes, you can add SCORM Files! You can also view the submissions of a SCORM file in the "view submissions" page that's in the reporting section in each guide.
Here is an in-depth tutorial on how to add SCORM Files
If you have any questions, email email@example.com, or leverage your chat window in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen!